Please review the following Oral and Poster presentation guidelines and Poster setup/removal information.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
All invited speakers have been notified of their presentation date and time. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The meeting room is equipped with the following:
- PC laptop
- Lectern microphone
- Laser pointer
Oral presenters are required to use the laptop provided. Slides are best created in 16:9 aspect ratio to fit the screens appropriately.
Wireless internet is available but it is not recommended for streaming videos. If you will be showing video during your talk, it is recommended to download and embed the video in your presentation.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
As a poster presenter, you will be using your scheduled time to present your research and discuss your ideas with fellow ICAC attendees. Mini-handouts of posters are encouraged in order to stimulate ad hoc discussion, and to provide participants with a useful copy for their own reading.
Posters will be on display for the duration of the conference. Please review the following guidelines for presenting at ICAC 2017.
- You will be provided with a maximum surface area of 114 cm x 114 cm to display your poster. Posters may not exceed this size.
- Push Pins will be available to attach your poster to the poster board. Tape, glue and other adhesives are not to be used on the poster boards.
- Each poster has been given a unique Poster Number. Please note the session you are presenting in is represented by the first number in the poster number (ex. 1-A-4 is in the 1st poster session).
- Prepare your poster in advance
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure text is in large font (should be able to see from 4 ft. away)
- Use graphs, charts and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colorful
- Don’t mail poster presentations in advance
- Don’t include an abstract
- Avoid titles with colons
- Don’t use underlining, use italics instead
Poster presentations have been divided into 3 sessions and arranged based on poster themes. All posters will be available to view for the duration of the conference. Posters will be on display as follows:
Poster Session 1
Monday September 11, between 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Poster Session 2
Tuesday September 12, between 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Poster Session 3
Thursday September 14, between 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Please ensure you are present at your poster during your scheduled poster session from 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm. There will also be traffic in the poster area during the daily coffee breaks (10:00 am – 10:30 am). It is recommended that you put up your poster in the morning and you are welcome to use the coffee break time to present your poster or have further discussion.
Poster Set-up / Removal
Poster presenters must set-up and remove their posters during the following times:
- Sunday, September 10, between 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Monday, September 11, between 7:30 am – 8:30 am
- Thursday, September 14, between 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Early removal of posters is not allowed. Posters not removed by the above noted removal time will be removed and disposed of accordingly.